We want to help you achieve lasting weight loss and a healthy, happy life. During your initial consultation, we will evaluate your needs, discuss your goals and lifestyle preferences, and work with you to find a suitable treatment plan that best serves you. For more information, please follow the links below or call us to schedule a consultation.
- Patient Forms & Policies
- Reshaping Your Health
- Patient Portal
- Insurance & Financing
- Bariatric Surgery FAQs
- Continuum of Care
- Body Mass Index Calculator
- Health Tips
Patient Forms & Policies
At Bagshahi Bariatric and General Surgery, we understand you want to have your office visit run as smoothly as possible. To help facilitate this process, we have provided our patient forms online for you to download and complete before your visit.
Simply refer to the list below to find the patient form(s) you need, then click on the link to download, print, complete, and bring them to your appointment. In order to protect your privacy, please do not email these forms.
- Patient Registration & Policies Forms
- Medical Release Form
- Sleep Apnea Questionnaire
- GERD Questionnaire
- Psychiatric Evaluation Form
- Forum Selection and Choice of Law Agreement
- Photo Consent Form
Note: The forms are saved in Adobe® Acrobat. If you would like to read them, use the form features, or print the Adobe files, you will need the Adobe® Reader (version 5.0 or later). You may download the program here for free.
How Can I Reshape My Health?
Having weight loss surgery may be an option, but it doesn’t guarantee that you’ll lose all of your excess weight or that you’ll keep it off over the long term. What’s important is that you determine you are ready to make meaningful lifestyle changes, including changes in your diet and exercise habits.
If you think weight loss surgery might be right for you, our weight loss surgeon and team of healthcare professionals will be happy to discuss weight loss options with you and whether surgery is appropriate.
In general, weight loss surgery could be an option for you if:
- Previous efforts to lose weight with diet and exercise have been unsuccessful.
- Your body mass index (BMI) is 30 or higher.
- You have a BMI of 35 or above and you suffer from a serious weight-related health problem or comorbidity, such as type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, or severe sleep apnea, or you have a BMI of 40 or above with no comorbidities.
When conducting an evaluation for weight loss surgery, we consider:
- Your nutrition and weight history. Dr. Bagshahi will review your weight trends, diet attempts, eating habits, exercise regimen, stress level, time constraints, motivation, and other factors.
- Your medical condition. Some health problems increase the risks associated with having surgery or may be worsened by surgery, such as blood clots, liver disease, heart problems, kidney stones, and nutritional deficiencies. Dr. Bagshahi will evaluate what medications you take, how much alcohol you drink, and whether you smoke, and he may recommend you have a thorough physical exam to help us determine the appropriateness of weight loss surgery.
- Your psychological status. Certain mental health conditions may contribute to obesity or make it more difficult for you to maintain the health benefits of surgery. These may include binge-eating disorder, substance abuse, depression, and anxiety disorders.
- Your motivation. Dr. Bagshahi will also assess your willingness and ability to follow through with recommendations made by your healthcare team and to carry out prescribed changes in your diet and exercise routine.
- Your age. Although there’s no specific age limit for weight loss surgery, the risks increase after age 65.
It is important that you register on the patient portal and fill in all information prior to coming in as this helps us learn more about you and process your insurance claims. Failure to do so could delay your appointment and your appointment may need to be rescheduled.
Please call our office if you have any trouble logging into your account.
During your consult, we will discuss many of the most common questions individuals have about bariatric procedures.
It is important that you fill out the patient portal and all info
Insurance & Financing
We work with many medical insurance companies and offer weight loss surgery financing for individuals paying for treatment out of pocket. We believe everyone should have access to the best care, which includes making your payment options as simple and as straightforward as possible.
Bariatric Surgery FAQs
Have questions about weight loss surgery? Dr. Bagshahi answers many of the most common questions to help patients researching their options. Visit our bariatric surgery FAQs page first to see if he’s touched on something you want to know more about.
Continuum of Care
Support programs are an essential part of any successful weight loss treatment, and we offer a full selection of options to help you maximize weight loss, maintain your motivation, and stay healthy.
Know Your BMI
Our body mass index (BMI) calculator can help you identify whether weight loss surgery may be a suitable approach for you. BMI numbers can provide a lot of information, and we explain how we use this number as a tool in our assessment.
Weight loss surgery is just the beginning, and learning how to modify your lifestyle to include more beneficial activity and nutrient-dense foods is an important part of the process. We have a number of health tips that can make the transition easier based on your personal preferences.